We offer all levels of in home dog training courses: house breaking older dogs, potty training puppies, behavioral issues, aggression management, our obedience curriculum and anything else you would like to include in the In-Home Dog Obedience Training Course. Our methods are effective and easy to follow. All family members are welcome to join the training!
In Home Dog Training Atlanta (Address required prior to issuing a price quote) We cover most Metro Atlanta areas.
COST: Our address for map questing distance in order to price quote a trainer coming to your location is, 12900 Freemanville RD 30004. Please look up the mileage on MapQuest.
Mileage pricing average breakdown is: within 5 miles $95 an hour or 3 sessions for $260. Within 10 miles $100-$130 an hour or 3 session -$15 off total cost (locations with a lot of heavy traffic will have cost adjusted by $5. Locations over 10 miles please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an address or location we can mapquest.
In your home dog obedience training includes house breaking older dogs as well as potty training puppies, socialization with other dogs and training around other dogs as a distraction. The 6 week course in your home will be tailored to exactly the problems you are having such as house breaking, chewing, relationship between dogs and family members, behavior modification, and a lot more. Your dog will learn to listen to you no matter what the distraction. The benefits to dog obedience home training verses group training is the convenience of a trainer coming to your home and, as much as possible, working on your time schedule. In home dog training also consists of puppy manners and house breaking for puppies as well as house-breaking for dogs. For each additional dog add $100 for the full 6 sessions. The in home obedience training will go over the basic obedience training curriculum listed below plus any other issues you would like to address. Dogs with prior obedience training will go over the intermediate obedience training curriculum. The in home training will also go over behavior modifications such as inter-relationship with dogs and children, inter-relationship between dogs, socialization to their environment and change, socialization with other dogs, sounds, surfaces and any dog aggression issues. Your dog will also learn the appropriate way to meet and greet another dog.
In home Obedience Training Curriculum
Dogs will learn the following in home dog training, private lessons, semi-private training as well as any other issues you would like to address.
Basic Obedience Training Curriculum:
- Potty training puppies.
- House breaking dogs that are older
- Sit and Stay in distractions.
- 1 minute sit in high distractions.
- Stay in distractions.
- 3 minute down in distractions.
- Wait inside a car so they do not bolt out of the car.
- Wait in a doorway.
- Drop – to drop any and all things you ask them to.
- Walking on a loose leash [means do not pull].
- Off – do not jump on me or anyone else.
- Sit in excitement. We will teach your dog that they must listen to you even if they are excited or in high drive.
- We teach the dog that their name means come to me.
- “Come” as an emergence command on a 20 foot long line leash.
- We also teach a non-verbal come command which is a sound association.
- We will teach 3 tools to get your dog to come to you.
- They will have 3 tricks to graduate!!
Intermediate Obedience Training Curriculum:
- Fronts & Finishes – First calling your dog to you, they will sit directly in front of you, and then they will go behind you to sit on your left side. This is all one command.
- Precision Heel. Sit when you stop. Turn left and right staying in proper position.
- 5 minute sit in distractions with toys being thrown past the dogs: food distractions, kids and dogs running by while the dog maintains his long sit for 35 minutes.
- 10 minute down in distractions – same as above but with the dog in a down position.
- Place command in high distractions. Dogs can not get off the place bed till commanded, no matter what is going on around them. This includes running and/or playing dogs.
- Down in motion – Walking fast and commanding a down, your dog must follow the command and lie down. You will keep walking while your dog remains in position.
- Sit in motion- Walking fast and giving the sit command, your dog will stay in position while you walk away quickly.
- Starting out of sight commands – This means dog must stay in positions even if you are out of their sight and a distance away from you.
- Starting off leash heeling and off leash basic commands.
- Back up. Dogs must know how to back up if you need them to, particularly in tight quarters.
- Sit in very high excitement. We will build the dogs drive up and then give them a command one time. They must be in command and IN control in less than 1 second.
- Come Command – dog learns to come to you and sit on your side no matter what the distractions are.
The above puppy obedience training courses include The Life of the Dog Services. All of our classes and services are taught by certified, experienced trainers.
If you have any questions on dog training, puppy training, house breaking or any other dog obedience training issues please call Susie at 770-754-9178.