Atlanta Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers:
The following pet sitters come highly recommended by Atlanta Dog Trainer. Their Pet sitting business entails sleeping at your house, watering plants, getting your mail, daily walks, playtime, feeding fish and cats as well. I highly recommend Pet sitting as an alternative to kenneling your dog when you leave town. Having a Pet sitting person come to your home is less stressful on your dog and the pet sitters will try and keep as much of a routine as possible that your dog is used to. They will maintain any house breaking success that you have verses a kennel where the dog has no choice where to eliminate.
Pet sitting and over night pet sitters & Dog walkers in Atlanta based in Alpharetta, Roswell, Duluth, Sandy Springs, Woodstock, Cumming and all North Fulton County:
- Cindy Narcisse – Number #1 requested sitter in Atlanta!!
Pet sitter with 35 years of Vet Tech experience. Pet sitter and dog walker will stay in your home 678-525-0316 Alpharetta, Roswell, Cumming, Duluth.
Pet Rescue & Pet Adoption Organizations:
Atlanta Pet Rescue Organizations – Atlanta Dog Trainer works closely with Atlanta pet rescue organizations and Pet Adoption groups to try and match the perfect rescue dog with the right family. As a pet rescuer myself, I feel that a pet rescue dog is the best dog ever. They seem to know they have been saved. A lot of people mention during our breed selection evaluations that they want a pure blooded breed, below are several breed specific organizations. I believe that pet rescue mixed breeds seem to have better temperaments and usually have less health issues caused by over breeding. There are links below to Atlanta pet rescue organizations and Atlanta pet adoption group. Please feel free to email Atlanta Dog Trainer for any help in selecting the perfect match for your family.
- Animal Action Rescue – Decatur, GA All Breed Pet Rescue
- Golden Retriever Rescue of Atlanta – Georgia Golden Retriever’s
- Adopt a Golden Atlanta – Marietta, Georgia
- All for Animals – Santa Barbara, California based pro-animal, educational organization dedicated to raising awareness about cruelty-free living and the importance of compassion to all animals.
- Best Friends Animal Society – Utah based group & sanctuary working with you and with humane groups all across the country to bring about a time when there are No More Homeless Pets.
- Friends of Cherokee Animals – Canton, Georgia. In support of the Cherokee County Animal Shelter and the Cherokee County Humane Society.
- Horse Rescue, Relief and Retirement Fund, Inc. – Alpharetta, GA.
- Labrador Friends of the South – GA. A non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue and adoption of homeless Labrador Retrievers in the Southeast region. They are an all volunteer organization of people who give their time, effort, and love to protect the breed from the perils of pet over-population and irresponsible pet ownership. Their ultimate goal is to help these dogs find new, loving, forever homes.
- Pet Orphans – Acworth, GA. Adoption referral web site for homeless animals in the Atlanta area. The Pet Orphans web site is a service provided by SPOT-Stopping Pet Overpopulation Together, Inc. in order to help independent rescue groups find great homes for their purebred and mixed breed orphaned family dogs and cats.
- Petfinder.com – A searchable database of adoptable pets and rescue groups nationwide.
- Noah’s Ark – “Bringing children and animals together for the purpose of providing unconditional love, unconditional service and a future of hope.” Locust Grove, GA.
- Alcovy Pet Rescue, Inc. – a Georgia state–licensed, 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organization dedicated to the rescue of adoptable companion dogs, cats and small animals in order to prevent needless euthanasia of these healthy animals. We believe that dogs and cats, as living creatures, are entitled to a quality life with respect and compassion. Inasmuch as humans are responsible for having domesticated pets, we have a moral and ethical obligation to care for the dogs and cats, especially those we have domesticated who are abandoned, unwanted, or otherwise in need. We want to instill in our community an awareness of all the dogs and cats whose lives we share, to promote and encourage responsible dog/cat ownership and to stress the importance of spaying/neutering of all companion dogs and cats.
Free Atlanta Dog Parks and Dog Parks in Alpharetta and surrounding counties.
Atlanta Dog Parks – are a great place to socialize your dog with other dogs. Dog parks in Atlanta are great way to also socialize your dog to different size people as well. Dogs need to release stress by running and dog parks in Atlanta are great places to exercises your dog. There is a brand new dog park Alpharetta called “Waggie World Paw Park” Where a lot of our clients go for a romping good time with their dog. Atlanta dog parks addresses and information is below.
Alpharetta Dog Park
- Waggy World Paw Park . A beautiful 1.5 acre area behind the Alpharetta Community Center at Wills Park. Waggy World Paw Park opened to the public on Monday, September 25, 2006. Paw park amenities include off-leash areas for large pups and small pups, water fountains, and park benches. Location: 175 Roswell Street. Directions: From GA 400: Take Old Milton Pkwy exit towards Alpharetta. Go approximately 2 miles. Wills Park is located on Old Milton Parkway between Roswell Street and Wills Road. (Thank you Caroline Waldon)
Dog Parks in Decatur
- Grassy area, completely fenced dog park. Location: East Lake Drive. After rains, one low spot gets muddy, but the dogs don’t mind. No water supply is provided. Directions: From downtown Decatur, go south on Commerce, and when Commerce dead ends into W. Howard Ave., turn right. Continue on W. Howard for several blocks. (W. Howard does not intersect with East Lake Drive) Turn right onto Paden Circle. Follow Paden Circle around the curve (about 300 feet), then turn right at the light onto East Lake Drive (which passes under the Marta bridge and W. Howard that you just got off of). Continue several blocks until the road veers sharply to the left. The park is on the left just before the Boys and Girls Club and across the street from The Phoenix School. To park, turn left at the stop sign and there is parking on the right in front of another park. (Thank you Mark Franco & Julie McBride)
- Mason Mill Dog Park . New 1/2 acre public dog park with water fountain for dogs inside the fenced area. Location: 1400 McConnell Dr. (Thank you Dan Magee & Kimberly Shrewsberry)
Dog Parks in Dunwoody
- Brook Run Park . 2+ acres off leash fenced in Dog Park. Park is wooded, has open areas, walking paths, 4 double gates (one at each corner of the park, dogs and humans are having a great time!
Location: 4770 North Peachtree Rd. Directions: From I-285 (eastbound): Take the CHAMBLEE-DUNWOODY RD exit- EXIT 30- toward N SHALLOWFORD RD / N PEACHTREE RD (0.3 mile). Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto SAVOY DR (1.0 mile). Turn LEFT onto N PEACHTREE RD (1.0 mile). From I-285 (westbound): Take the N PEACHTREE RD exit- EXIT 30- toward N SHALLOWFORD RD / CHAMBLEE-DUNWOODY RD (0.2 mile). Turn RIGHT onto N PEACHTREE RD (0.9 mile). (Thank you Julie Lane & Emma Callie)
Atlanta Dog Park at Grant Park
- Grant Park Corner of Berne St and Boulevard, Atlanta, GA Not as popular as Piedmont, but that’s a good thing for some.
Atlanta dog parks in Kennesaw
- Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park 900 Kennesaw Mountain Dr NW, Kennesaw, GA Dogs flock to the fields and trails at this Cobb County escape
Dog Park in Atlanta in the Lawrenceville area
- Ronald Reagan Park . 2 Acres, 3 fenced areas, for small dogs, large dogs and a dog run. Water and bags available on site. A two-acre fenced-in area where dogs can play off their leashes. 25-acre park has a “senior” area with horseshoe pits, shuffleboard courts, bocce ball courts and a covered picnic pavilion with permanent chess and checkerboards. Other amenities include a small skate area, a playground, two half-court basketball courts, several covered picnic areas, and a 3/4-mile paved multi-purpose trail and a small pond. Location: 2777 Five Forks Trickum Rd. Directions: Five Forks Trickum Exit off Ronald Reagan Pkwy. North about 1/2 mile. Directions: I-85 north to Pleasand Hill Road. Go south on Pleasant Hill to Ronald Reagan Parkway. Take Ronald Reagan to Five Forks Trickum Road, and turn left. The park is on your left. (Thank you Jon Richards, Norene Evans & Jerry) )
Dog Park in Marietta
- Sweat Mountain Park (East Cobb). 4 acres. Off Leash Dog Park. Marietta, Georgia. Two fenced areas, one for large dogs and one for small dogs. Nice shaded area, fenced, benches, trash cans and doggie bags, water. Location: 4346 Steinhauer Rd. (approximately one mile north of Lassiter High School). Directions: From I-75 (N) & Canton Rd Conn NE, Marietta: Head northeast from Canton Rd Conn NE. Bear right and head toward Sandy Plains Rd NE. Turn left at Trickum Rd NE. Turn right at Shallowford Rd NE. Turn left at Steinhauer Rd NE. Go 1.2 miles and turn right just past short bridge into park entrance. The facility is located at Sweat Mountain Park, which is in northeast Cobb County on Steinhauer Road, approximately one mile north of Lassiter High School. (Thank you Virginia Ayers & Emma Callie)
Atlanta dog parks in Norcross
- Graves Park . Has a both large and small dog area. Includes some agility equipment. Opened Oct. 2006. Location: 1450 Graves Rd. Directions: Take I-85 to Jimmy Carter Blvd exit & go east. Turn right onto McDonough Dr. (Oakbrook Pkwy.) Turn left on Graves Rd. Park is on the right.(Thank you Laura Lovell)
- Pinckneyville Dog Park. Just less than three acres, the fenced-in dog park allows dogs to play off-leash and includes an area for small dogs, a larger play area for all dogs, and two water fountains featuring dog bowls. The dog park is an exciting addition to Pinckneyville Park’s current features, which include a seven-field baseball/softball complex, concession buildings, restrooms, a 1.1-mile paved multi-purpose trail, family pavilion, four playgrounds, roller hockey rink, and a free-skate area. The park is also home to the 5,000-square-foot Medlock Pavilion. Pinckneyville Park is located at 4758 S. Old Peachtree Rd. in Norcross. For more information call 770.822.8840. (Thank you Frederick Embden)
- Atlanta dog park at Piedmont Park Atlanta’s first leash-free dog park! This park is open during daylight hours and offers dog water fountains, big rocks for dogs to climb on, hilly terrain, benches, free dog waste bags, and will soon have a shelter to provide shade. Piedmont Ave NE and 14th St, Atlanta, GA Bring your pooch to the extremely popular dog run, behind the park’s tall stone bridge.
- Peachtree City Dog Park . Off leash dog park. (Thank you Melanie Flores)
- Lenora Park. Dog park. Location: Corner of Lenora Church Rd and Lee Road. (Thank you Jennifer Twineham)
- Macon Dog Park . Location: Chestnut Street. Directions: From I-75 take exit #164 and head east toward downtown on Forsyth-Hardeman. At the first light, turn right onto Monroe. This street becomes Tatnall when you pass under the railroad bridge. Turn right again onto Chestnut Street and look for the park on the right after you cross Adams Street.
Dog Training Tips:
If you are having trouble teaching a behavior make sure that you have all the elements needed for dogs to learn. There are three essential tools which are timing, Consistency and reinforcement/motivation. Dogs learn through timing. Dogs live in the moment. If you are trying to correct a dog’s undesirable behavior you must catch them in the act. Never correct after the fact. Be very consistent so a dog can learn conditioned behaviors through your consistency. Always make them wait when you open your car door and soon you will open the car door and your dog will not even try to get out. Motivation /reinforcement needs to be positive for the dog to learn and not just reacting because they are fearful of you. If you use food as bait you can fade it out later once the dog is proofed.
- Animal Wellness Magazine – Is all about people who are using their resources to help animals, articles on natural healing and nutrition, advice from leading animal experts & holistic veterinarians, coping with pet loss, alerts to endangered species, and highlighting the best quality natural products and nutrition available for your animals in each issue. It’s everything our four-legged family members have been waiting for Georgia Dog Shows – Calendar of shows, events and competitions around the state of Georgia. From InfoDog.com.
- Hotel Indigo – Atlanta, GA. Pet friendly with a doggie happy hour.
- Just Dog Clothes – Dog clothes and small dog clothing: 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed and Free shipping over $40.
- Ruff n’ Tumble – Dog Daycare, Alpharetta GA.
- That Dirty Dog Wash –
- William Hall Photography – Roswell, GA. Offers pet, event, travel, product, stock, model portfolios and head shots. Bill does a great job capturing the personality of your pet and also does pet event photography.
- Puppy Bows.com – offering dazzling dog bows, dog show bows and barrettes for puppies of all ages.
- Dog E-Cards at http://www.123greetings.com/pets/dogs/
- Custom Dog Tags, Pet ID Tags – Advanced Dog Tags-Custom Dog ID Tags, Pet ID Tags
- Barkslope – Online dog boutique offering high quality dog products.
- Big Orange Dog – Dog art along with greyhound collars available in many fabrics and styles.
- Kris Koats – Handmade coats in a variety of styles. They are made especially for greyhounds but can work on some other breeds.
- Paw Prints Boutique – Cater to you special pet with cozy beds, unique collars, cat activity centers, clothing, pet carriers, handbags & wallets, toys, bows and more.
- Pup’parel – Embroidered apparel with a large selection of breeds done on jackets, totes, dog and human vests along with many other clothing items.
- UK supplier of amazing cherry picked dog collars, dog beds, dog clothing, cat beds and other quality pet accessories from around the globe .
- Fetch Dog – Dog Beds and Accessories
- Buy Carlson Pet Gates – Discount Pricing & Free Shipping on Pet Gates
- Holistic Dog Food – Nutritious premium dog food formulated by our holistic veterinarian to provide superior, digestible proteins without by-products, chemical preservatives, steroids, hormones or artificial colors
- Security Leash – The Security Sport Leash is primarily designed for large breeds, aggressive dogs, security animals and as an aid in training
- Pet Crates & Pet Carriers – Free Shipping Imperial Dog Crates & Airline Approved Sky Kennels at Discount Pricing
- PetSafe Pet Doors for Dogs & Cats – PetSafe & Staywell Pet Doors and Replacement Flaps
- Carlson & KidCo Pet Gates for Dogs – Discount Pet Gates with Fast, Free Shipping
- Dog Kennels and Dog Crates – Dog kennels, dog crates and dog beds from top manufacturers.
- Agility by Carlson – Offers a good variety of agility equipment from individual pieces to full course set ups.
- Agility Pet Resort – Located in Jacksonville FL with the largest play yard for pets in Jacksonville. Dogs and cats boarded separately unless other wise requested by owner’s climate controlled. We love your pets at agility. Open 7 days a week.
- Atlanta DogWatch – Georgia’s Authorized dealer of DogWatch Hidden Fence System.
- Dog Stuff Store – Offering a wide variety of products for the family dog. Products range from dog beds to dental care and much more.
- J-B Wholesale Pet Supplies –
- J and J Dog Supplies – Online store supplying dog training equipment and supplies for obedience, agility and flyball.
- Lambriar Animal Health Care – Distributors of animal health care products, kennel supplies, pet supplies, veterinary supplies and vaccines, for dogs, cats, birds, ferrets, horses and cattle.
- Mabel Bean & Company Address Labels and Stationery – Fun address labels and stationery with your favorite dog breeds.
- Our Paws Are Clean – complete pet waste removal services in the Atlanta area.
- Red Bandanna Pet Foods – Dedicated to providing customers the very highest quality, nutritional dog and cat foods.
- RoverWrap Dog Blankets – A pocket for your pooch! The encased bag-like design of this cozy fleece blanket is Patent Pending. Does your fur baby shiver, love to snuggle, get scared? Slip them into a RoverWrap!
- Pet Care Products – Our online puppy supply store is designed to help you find the best pet care products available to meet the wants and needs of you and your puppy!
- Dog Furniture – Dog furniture at www.all-dog-beds.com is of top quality and will look beautiful in your home! Contact us now for discounts on dog furniture!
- Pet Supplies – Unique and special pet supplies, gifts and resources, all on a safe and easy to use website. Free shipping and best prices at Cheappetstore.com
- Dog Bed – Pet Beds – Superior quality orthopedic large dog beds and designer dog beds at discount prices recommended by vets and breeders for over a decade. Visit the online dog bed outlet.
- Wholesale Dog Beds – Pet Beds – Manufacturer of superior quality orthopedic large dog beds recommended by vets and breeders.
- Dog Supplies – Compare Prices: 50,000+ dog supplies, puppy products and accessories, collars, food and much more. Visit Cheappetstore.com today.
Pet Link Directories:
- AnimalSites.com –
- DirectoryDogs.com – Dog Directory provide web site listings, dog information.
- Directorypet.com – Pet directory, resources of pet information on the web.
- Dog Training Resource Directory
- Pet Dog and Cat Services
- Pet Friendly Central
- Pet Resources Online – Pet related information, pet related link directory and a forum.
- PetsSquare.com – A dedicated and comprehensive pet directory.
- PetPurpose.com – It’s All About Pets – Information on pet health, pet emotional health consult, all natural pet products, dog parks, animal shelters, pet travel, pet stories and much more.
- Puyya.com – Comprehensive Pet Directory
- ReadyDog.com – Dog Directory, enjoy the free dog resources at Readydog.com
- k9index.com –
- Dog Breeds – Find detailed descriptions of more than 200 dog breeds.
- Doozie Dog – Visit Dooziedog.com to view and share high quality pictures of your favorite puppy and dog online.
- Popular Pets – Caring for Pets
- Cat Breeds Cat breeders, products for breeders and breeding tips
Miscellaneous Pet Web sites:
- DNA Dog Breed Test – DNA Dog Breed Test can genetically determine breed composition. The DNA of any dog governs the appearance of the dog as well as being related to the general behavioral characteristics of the breed. In recent years, there has been a great deal of research performed on how differences in DNA give rise to the differences that are seen between breeds.
- Dog Training, Dog Obedience, Dog Trainer – K-9 Companions has professionals for all your dog training needs. Their courses are available to dogs as young as four months old to 8 years of age and are offered in three convenient training styles.
- Pitbull Dogs – Find tons of useful information about the American Pitbull Terrier dog breed, dog health and Pitbull Puppy training from Cesar Millan and other dog experts
- Chihuahua Puppies for Sale – Do you love Chihuahua puppies! So do we! Find the perfect pet at Animaroo.com
- Pet UK
- Pet Sitting, Pet Sitters, Pet Boarding – Leesburg, Loudoun County Kennels – We provide all kind of pet services like pet sitting, pet sitters, pet boarding & dog walkers’ services in the Leesburg, Loudoun County kennels, VA Virginia.
- Pet insurance – Pet Insurance for dogs, cats from Buddies.
- Cockapoo Puppies – The Cockapoo can come in a wide variety of sizes, depending of the Poodle breed used. All of our puppies are played with and make the transition of your new puppy’s environment more comfortable.
- Dog Trainer New Jersey (NJ), Professional Dog Obedience Training In New Jersey by TrainedK9.com – The Trained Canine, New Jersey’s professional dog trainer, has the expertise for dog training & executing dog obedience programs in New Jersey (NJ).
- Losing a Pet Resources, support and grieving / coping with loss of a family member or friend.
- Dog Urns – The Internet’s #1 pet artist Alyson Whitney offers pet urns, memorial urns, and ceramic cremation urls with FREE shipping and affordable prices.
- Canine Kidney Disease Treatments – Effective natural pet medication for canine kidney disease treatments to reduce irritation and pain.
- Dog breeds information – Dog breeds information.
- Dog breed – Find a name for your pet with our comprehensive puppy names and dog names list.
- Pet Dental – Keep your pet’s teeth in good shape at this site
- National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors – This is a good resource for finding a good and humane obedience instructor
- MetroPets Online – promotes the adoption of homeless animals and the well-being of companion animals in the Washington, D.C.
- PetParents – Another great site for families with pets
- Paws with a Cause – Paws With A Cause trains Assistance Dogs nationally for people with disabilities
- Guidedogs.org – Celebrate 25 years of Southeastern Guide Dogs
- Escape the Planet Urine – Do You Want to Stop a Pet from Peeing? Discuss pet urination problems with an Animal Behavioral Specialist. Get FREE expert help with pet urination problems!
- Designer Gym Bags – Buy high fashion perfect Gym bags from Duffel Bags corporate Large collection of sports bags available with us in different colors, material and shapes.
- Animaroo.com– Find the perfect loving companion at Animaroo.com. We list high quality ethical dog breeders that have loving puppies for sale, so visit us today and find the perfect place for your new pet.