We offer all levels of dog obedience training including puppy obedience training, manners, puppy kindergarten, house breaking and behavior modification. We also specialize in help with all types of aggression problems through behavior modification and dog obedience training. These problems can include: leash aggression, aggression towards dogs, and aggression towards children or adults. Please read Susie’s article on dog aggression problems for Petlanta magazine. Lack of dog obedience training is usually the core of all canine behavioral issues.
All varieties of our classes for dog obedience training and puppy classes run for an hour. The classes run consecutively (a class can be postponed for major holidays and/or inclement weather). We have small individualized classes with no more than 7 – 8 dogs in a class or 4 – 5 puppies in our puppy class.
- Note class dates could be postponed a week due to weather.
- If the class is full when we receive your registration form, we will put you into an overflow class at the same location or refund your tuition.
- If these locations or dates do not suit you, we can set up classes in your area. Please contact us for details. For more information or questions on dog or puppy obedience classes please feel free to call or email us and we will be happy to answer your questions.
- We have several people interested in doing a weekday class on either Monday or Tuesday any time before noon. Please contact us if you are interested.
Basic Obedience Group Class
Group classes run for 5 weeks and cost just $180 for the course. Each class is an hour long with only 7 – 8 dogs in a class. Classes are small with a limited number of dogs to allow for individualized attention for you and your dog. The class will meet at the same location and time for the following 5 weeks. There will be go home lessons and homework handouts during the course. You will be given the tools to train your dog at your home during the week between classes. The classes are designed to go at your own pace. For your dog to achieve the curricula stated below for the basic obedience course within the 5 week time frame, you will need to do 3–4 sessions of 5–10 minutes a day to achieve your goals. You will be given the tools to train your dog and when and how much you use the tools is up to you. You will have the tools to train at your own pace as well as train all your dogs in the future.
Upcoming Classes: 5 week basic obedience class (dates are subject to change due to weather and/or holidays
- March 24th at 1:30 pm
- April 7th at 3:00 pm
- We have interest in a weekday class. If you are interested please contact Susie. email@example.com
We are looking to start a Nose work/scent detection class Saturdays or Sundays at 10am. Intermediate class starts 3/23 at 9:30am. If those times do not work for you let me know by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Runs for 5 weeks for $180. Dogs work individually so reactive dogs are welcome!
- Registration Instructions
You will need to download the registration form from the home page of our website. Fill it out and send back via email as an attachment. You can send in your tuition of $180 via PayPal. https://www.paypal.com/us/home . Our account is email@example.com. Follow directions to “send money” and it will notify us that you have sent in tuition or you can call in a credit card to (770) 714-9877. Please make sure and add your name and class date and time in the comment section.
Dogs will learn the following in Basic Obedience Group Classes, Private Lessons and In-Home Training:
- “Sit” and “Stay” in distractions.
- 1 minute sit in high distractions.
- “Stay” in distractions.
- 3 minute down in distractions.
- “Wait” inside a car so they do not bolt out of the car.
- “Wait” in a doorway.
- “Drop” to drop any and all things you ask them to.
- Walking on a loose leash [means do not pull].
- “Off” means: do not jump on me or anyone else.
- “Sit in excitement” we will teach your dog that they must listen to you even if they are excited or in high drive.
- We teach the dog that their name means “come to me”.
- “Come” as an emergence command.
- We also teach a non-verbal come command which is a sound association.
- We will teach 3 tools to get your dog to come to you.
- They will also learn 3 tricks to graduate!
The puppy class runs for 4 weeks and costs $125 (dates are subject to change due to weather and/or holiday’s.
- March 23rd at 9am
- April 6th at 10:15am
We do not have more than 5 – 6 puppies in the puppy class. Puppy agility is included in classes for confidence building. This class is for puppies under 4 1/2 – 5 months old. Your vet will approve if your puppy has enough immunizations to be around other dogs/puppies. Each vet is different on what series of immunizations they want a puppy to have. Please check with your vet. All puppies in class are immunized by a vets approval.
Curriculum Puppy class:
- House breaking and crate training
- Bite in habitation
- Meet and greet dogs and people appropriately
- No Jumping
- No pulling
- Appropriate play
- Behavioral solutions for conman puppy related issues
Intermediate Classes $180 for 5 weeks
Intermediate class consists of 5 group obedience classes for $180 with The Life of The Dog Services included.
Intermediate dog obedience classes will strengthen the bond between you and your dog for a lifetime of companionship. The group obedience classes will add to the existing obedience commands that your dog has learned in their basic group obedience classes. In the intermediate obedience class we will start adding in higher and higher distractions, adding in more distance away from your dog in obedience commands and add in more duration in the commands. Classes are small and individualized.
Dogs will learn the following in Intermediate Obedience Group Classes, Private Lessons and In-Home Training:
- Three fun ways to get your dog to come to you in distractions.
- Catch, retrieve and release.
- Heel. Sit when you stop. Turn left and right staying in proper position.
- “Sit” in distractions with toys being thrown past the dogs: food distractions, kids and dogs running by, while the dog maintains the long sit for 3–5 minutes.
- “Down” in distractions same as above but with the dog in a down position.
- Stationary “place” command in high distractions. Dogs cannot get off the place bed until released, regardless of what is going on around them. This includes running and playing dogs.
- Running “STOP” command.
- Sit in motion: Walking fast and giving the “sit” command, your dog will stay in position while you walk away quickly.
- Starting out of sight commands: This means dog must stay in positions even if you are out of their sight and a distance away from you.
- Starting “off leash heeling” and “off leash basic commands” if the dogs are ready and all safety rules are in place.
- Back up. Dogs must know how to back up if you need them to, particularly in tight quarters.
- Sit in very high excitement. We will build the dogs drive up and then give them a command one time. They must be in command and IN control in less than 3 seconds.
Did you tell your mom you would help with the puppy? Did everyone say they wanted a holiday poochie? Are you wanting your kids to help with the new arrival?
Get your child started as a responsible owner with the Kids and Canines Class!
The Kids and Canines class is for children between the ages of 6 – 12. They will enjoy fun for the day while you go shop away! This course teaches ways to have responsible kids and canine partnerships. It also teaches your children how to read their dogs so they will have a great life long companion. Training kids how to train their dogs!
Kids and Canine Safety and Communication Classes: Call for class details.
One child with one dog $75
One family with 2 children and one dog $125
Call us at 770-754-9178. Space is limited! Classes conducted at our training facility located at 12900 Freemanville Rd, Milton, GA 30004.
Private Group Classes
Private Group Classes in your neighborhood, church, school or maybe you and some friends just want to get together to teach obedience to your dogs. For just $180 we will come to your neighborhood and do private specialized classes. We prefer a 4-5 dog minimum. The dog obedience training will be a 5 week obedience course with The Life of The Dog Services included. These classes are like a party since everyone will most likely know each other, and you can get together and hold practice sessions between lessons. Dogs will also get a play time at the end to help with socialization. This helps to teach them appropriate ways to greet and play with other dogs.
Times and days for dog obedience training and puppy obedience training are tailored to your schedule as much as possible. The dogs will learn in distractions and you will have the convenience of having the class in your neighborhood. Also, the class is tailored to your groups needs.
Advanced Obedience – Off Leash Training:
Complete off leash training classes. All the commands in Basic and Intermediate Obedience Training will be taught with the dog off the leash and in high distractions.
When joining a group class, you should look for how many dogs are in the class. Large classes of 9 or more dogs make it very hard for you to get individualized help. Our classes are small with a limited number of dogs that allows for individualized attention for you and your dog.
Always check the curriculum to make sure it goes over the issues and commands you are looking for.
Always get at least 2 vet references for a dog trainer. We have 45 vet references.
The class will meet at the same location and time for a pre-designed amount of weeks depending on the specialization. Click here for dates and specialty classes for your review and participate. Do not forget to learn about Our commitment for the life of your dog pledge.
Our classes are held outdoors and are lots of Fun!! Please dress appropriately! NO AGGRESSIVE DOGS are allowed in group classes unless a prior evaluation has occurred.
You need to download the registration form and email it back to us as an attachment. You can then send in your tuition via Pay Pal. Our account is firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow directions to “send money” and it will notify us that you have sent in tuition. Please make sure and add your name and class date and time in the comment section.