Dog Daycare August Specials!!
(mention this newsletter and receive $25 off!!)
Benefits of our doggie daycare:
- Exercise, exercise, exercise! Running and playing help maintain firm muscles, cardiovascular fitness and a healthy weight. It also releases pent-up energy that may show itself as destructive behavior in your home. You will pick up a calmer and more satisfied dog than you dropped off.
- Socialization – Dogs by nature are pack animals and require canine socialization. Atlanta Dog Trainer provides the environment for dogs to learn how to properly interact with other dogs. For example, the best way a puppy can learn to inhibit its mouthing/biting behavior is by rough-housing and play nipping with other dogs. The other dogs will let the puppy know when they are exerting too much pressure on them. To the dogs, it is a natural, non-threatening process.
- All dogs’ exercise and socialization are closely supervised our associates. This interaction teaches the dogs’ proper manners around humans and builds trust. Atlanta Dog Trainer creates close relationships with both their canine and human friends, which is essential to a well-balanced dog.
Benefits for you:
One of the benefits to a parent is peace of mind that your dog is in a safe place and having fun, fun and more fun! No more guilt for having to leave your dog cooped up all day in the house alone.
- Your relationship with your dog will be enhanced as a result their physical and mental needs being met at the daycare.
- After a long day at work, many parents do not have the time or energy to exercise and play with their dog. Atlanta Dog Trainer gives you a respite for the evening. You will be able to spend a nice, quiet evening with your dog.
Agility Beginners Class
Check out the progress!!
Dog Agility Training
Dog Agility Training gives dogs a tremendous amount of confidence, helps release extra energy and stress, and is a great form of exercise for working breeds. It is a great way to mentally stimulate your dog as well as the physical stimulation they will receive from running the course. The Atlanta Dog Agility training course is located in Alpharetta; there is an adult dog agility course and as well as puppy agility training.
Lack of dog obedience training is usually the core of all canine behavioral issues.
Basic Obedience Group Class Schedules
Group classes run for 6 weeks, each class is an hour only 7-8 dogs in a class $145
Group Puppy Dog Training Classes
Group obedience training classes: New economical special for Alpharetta and Roswell location only
$145 for a 6 week obedience course
with “The Life of the Dog Services” included. Group Classes at all other locations are $160 and include the life services as well. Classes are small with a limited number of dogs to allow for individualized attention for you and your dog. The class will meet at the same location and time for the following 6 weeks. Puppy obedience training classes receive The Life of The Dog Services as well.
There will be 6 weeks of obedience training with go home lessons and homework handouts. You will be given the tools to train your dog at your home during the week between classes. The classes are designed to go at your own pace. For your dog to achieve the curricula stated below for the basic obedience course within the 6 week time frame, you will need to do 3-4 sessions of 5-10 minutes a day to achieve your goals. You will be given the tools to train your dog; the when and how much you use the tools is up to you. You will have the tools to train at your own pace as well as train all your dogs in the future.
Next Puppy classes: runs for 4 weeks $95 (dates are subject to change due to weather) you must register for class BEFORE start date and confirm with your instructor if there are any date changes, please.
Puppy classes: not more than 5-6 puppies in a class puppy agility included in classes for confidence building. This class is for puppies under 4 1/2 -5 months old. Your vet will approve if your puppy has enough immunizations to be around other dogs/puppies. Each vet is different on what series of immunizations they want a puppy to have. Please check with your vet.
All puppies in class are immunized by a vets approval.
All varieties of our classes for dog obedience training run for an hour. The classes run consecutively (a class can be postpone for major holidays and or inclement weather). We have small individualized class no more than 7-8 dogs in a class.
Did you tell your mom you would help with the puppy? Did everyone say they wanted a holiday poochie? Are you wanting your kids to help with the new arrival?
The Bow Wow bungalow, open exclusively to clients of Atlanta Dog Trainer, LLC, is available to you and your entire family at a reasonable rate. It’s fun under the sun with your furry friends on a beautiful, quite, dog-friendly beach!
A word of caution: those who experience the Bow Wow Bungalow always come back for more!
Dock Diving beginner class day 1!!
Dock Diving has become a popular sport for dogs as well as owners looking for an outlet that’s interactive and positive.
- Classes meet once a week for 1 1/2 -2 hours.
- $145 for 6 classes (minimum of 3 dogs/maximum 5-6 per class)
Trivia Questions to test your dog knowledge:
2.) Are dogs color blind?
3.) According to the AKC, what is the most popular breed?
4.) What breed is known as the “nanny dogs”?
5.) Where are dogs’ sweat glands?
6.) What percentage of households own dogs?
7.) What is the dangerous ingredient in chocolate for dogs?
10.) What is the age recorded of the oldest living dog?
Fun Dog Facts! Did you know?
- A dog’s heart beats between 70 and 120 times a minute, compared with a human heart which beats 70 to 80 times a minute.
- A dog’s normal body temperature is 100.5 to 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- A female carries her young about 60 days before the puppies are born.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the smallest dog on record was a Yorkshire Terrier in Great Britain who, at the age of 2, weighed just 4 ounces.
- The dog who’s lived the longest, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, was an Australian Cattle Dog, named Bluey, who lived to be 29.
- An adult dog has 42 teeth.
- It is a myth that dogs are color blind. They can actually see in color, just not as vividly as humans. It is akin to our vision at dusk.
- If never spayed or neutered, a female dog, her mate, and their puppies could produce over 66,000 dogs in 6 years!
- The only sweat glands a dog has are between the paw pads.
- In 1957, Laika became the first living being in space via an earth satellite
- The world’s smartest dogs are thought to be (1) the border collie, (2) the poodle, and (3) the golden retriever.
- Chocolate contains a substance known as theobromine (similar to caffeine) which can kill dogs, or at the very least, make them violently ill.
- A dog’s sense of hearing is more than ten times more acute than a human’s.
- More than 1 in 3 American families own a dog.
- The ten most popular dogs (AKC, 2007) are in order: Labrador Retriever, Yorkshire Tierrier, German Shepherd,Golden Retriever, Beagle, Boxer, Dachshund, Poodle, Shih Tzu and Bulldong.
- Dogs were the first animals domesticated by people.
- A greyhound can run as fast as 45 miles an hour.
- Spaying/neutering your dog before the age of 6 months can help prevent cancer in your dog.
- Puppies acquire a full mouth of permanent teeth between four and seven months old.
- Small dogs live the longest. Toy breeds live up to 16 years or more. Larger dogs average is 7 – 12 years.
- Eighty percent of dog owners buy their dog a present for holidays and birthdays. More than half of them sign letters and cards from themselves and their pets.
- The dog name “Fido” is from Latin and means “fidelity.”
- The U.S. has the highest dog population in the world.
- Most pet owners (94 percent) say their pet makes them smile more than once a day.
- Dogs are mentioned 14 times in the Bible.
- It has been established that people who own pets live longer, have less stress, and have fewer heart attacks.
- All dogs can be traced back 40 million years ago to a weasel-like animal called the Miacis which dwelled in trees and dens. The Miacis later evolved into the Tomarctus,a direct forbearer of the genus Canis, which includes the wolf and jackal as well as the dog.
- Seventy percent of people sign their pet’s name on greeting cards and 58 percent include their pets infamily and holiday portraits, according to a survey done by the American Animal Hospital Association.
- A dog’s whiskers are touch-sensitive hairs called vibrissae. They are found on the muzzle, above the eyes and below the jaws, and can actually sense tiny changes in airflow.
- Dogs can smell about 1,000 times better than humans. While humans have 5 million smell-detecting cells, dogs have more than 220 million. The part of the brain that interprets smell is also four times larger in dogs than in humans.
- First thing you do if you suspect your dog of heat stroke is call your vet, then wet the underbelly and feet.
- Pit bulls were bred to watch over kids.
Aqua Therapy is great for your older dogs and dogs needing physical therapy from an injury or surgery.
Sessions with a trainer $75 per hour or 4 sessions for $285. Aqua therapy is a deep, physical, innate body response water relaxation method for relieving stress. It is also a fun and smooth freeing exercise for older dogs that might be experiencing arthritis or other limitations.
I know how they feel, poor guys. Our water therapy is designed to help with dogs in need of weight loss, dogs with mobility issues, and our dogs recovering from surgeries where a no impact exercise is required. The term “canine water therapy” can mean a lot of things… it can range all the way from an hour of tennis balls and power swimming to an hour of massage in the warm supporting waters at the stairs of the pool. Usually it falls somewhere in the middle, with a combination of movement in water and some kind of bodywork during the resting periods.
Some benefits of Aqua Therapy include:
- Diminished Muscular Tension.
- Increased Range of Motion.
- Reduction of Pain.
- Augmented Peripheral Circulation.
- Normalization of Muscle Tone.
- Reduced Stress and Anxiety.
- Increased Body Awareness.
- Release of Emotional Stress.
Atlanta Dog Trainer,LLC
12900 Freemanville Rd
Alpharetta, Georgia 30004
Training (770) 754 9178
“The Farm” dog daycare and boarding (770) 714-9877